Monday 28 March 2011


Muffins, Fast and Fantastic, by Susan Reimer
Quick, delicious, beautiful muffins EVERYTIME. I cannot rate this book highly enough! If I could, I would buy each person that follows my new blog a copy of this book!

Top tip:  Buy a copy. At a very reasonable price, you won't be dissappointed!




You can add dried fruit or fresh fruit. I freeze blueberries when there is a glut and super cheap and mix them (frozen) straight into the batter. It makes the cakes look fab, as the blueberries explode into juicy, jammy blueberryness!

Here, I have made my own version using plain wholemeal flour and used up my dried fruit from the cupboard (a sprinkling of the super berry goyi berries, cranberries and I've eeked it out with plenty of sultanas). You use approx. 3/4 of a pot of natural yog, as well as milk; so they contain plenty of calcium.

Let me know what fruit you try!

3 comments:

  1. I've tried raisins and apricots, but blueberries are best!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Forgot to say I got a present of this book and it is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Best to buy up blueberries when they are in season and there are special offers. Last year we froze punnets that were reduced to £1!.

    ReplyDelete